Monday, June 18, 2012

As Promised: My Dino Tracks Fabric

Hi!  So on Friday I showed you my dinosaur footprint sketches for the new Spoonflower design contest, and I had a bit of an idea of what I wanted to do.  Well, I've been working this weekend, and I have two designs. 

Here's a recap of my initial sketch in all its glory:




Next I loaded it into Illustrator and used the pen and pencil tools to trace the footprints.


Then I copied them into a new document, resized, added multiples, placed them, and chose colors. 

First, I thought I wanted text, so here was my first design. 


Then, I wanted to try taking out the text and adding more footprints, so here's my second design. 




I picked my favorite and submitted it into the contest.  But I still have two days to change my mind.  So, help me out.  Which is your favorite?

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. i like the one without text more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like them both for different reasons...
    i like the one with text because i think that's a cool way to teach kiddos how to spell dino names and i like the way the words move across the design. i also like with less footprints.
    i like the one without text because i like the color scheme more and it seems a little more abstract... almost like camo. i think overall i like the second one better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked the green one, too! Thanks for your critiques!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know its too late now, but I liked the blue one with words...some quilters buy fabric with words, solely for the words, it doesn't matter if it pertains to what they're making or not. Also, the green one does look like camo, which I'm not a fan of, but it also looks outdoorsy, which I do like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the blue one too- it was hard to decide!

    ReplyDelete