Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Something New

One of my recent internet finds is this website called Spoonflower.  Have you heard of it?  It's a place that lets you design and/ or sell your own fabric and buy fabric designed by others.  The designers on Spoonflower are really great!  I love seeing the new designs on the home page and browsing through the shops.

Spoonflower also has a weekly design contest, and I've started entering some of my designs!  It's been a great way to challenge myself, put myself out there, and get feedback.  If you're interested, you can visit my shop here!

This is my most recent design.  The contest rules were to create a design using only these 2 colors and geometric shapes.  I LOVE colors, shapes, and patterns, so this was right up my alley.  I know I still have a lot to learn, but I had a lot of fun creating it, that's for sure. 

http://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/1209573

(Sorry about the watermarks and poor quality, I'm new to this
"protecting your work on the internet" thang) 

What do you think?   I can totally see this being a fun pillow in a kid's room or playroom, or maybe a summer placemat.  I'll let you know if I turn it into anything :)


Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of the Fourth of July :)

    ReplyDelete