Saturday, October 27, 2012

Anthony, My Love

You guys, I love the Red Hot Chili Peppers.  LOVE!  LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I still remember the day we first met.  It was Christmas break of my junior year of high school, and I happened to see a music video.  We were at my grandma and grandpa's house, and they had cable, which we did not.  And I was enthralled.  I fell in love right there and never looked back. 

Since that time, I've fallen hard and we are now inseparable for life.  Well, me and Anthony are.  He's my real one true love.  No worries that he turns 50 next week.  Happy birthday, my love.

But back to what's going on: WE'RE GOING TO SEE THEM IN CONCERT TONIGHT!!  I may die of love.  If I never come back, you'll know why.

So I went around the house yesterday documenting all the RHCP stuff we have.  I knew we had a lot, but even I didn't remember I had collected this much over the last decade or so.  Whoa, I just said decade.  Yes, it's been over a decade since I was in high school.  Scary.  


1. Concert shirts


 2. A love collage I made from their article in Rolling Stone


3.  Our RHCP cd collection- yep there are some duplicates from before we were married


4.  Book collection


5.  Magazines they've been featured in


 6.  Anthony's book Scar Tissue on cd- read by Rider Strong from Boy Meets World of all people


7.  DVDs


8.  A record I bought in Paris that we framed


9.  A wall hanging Andy bought me as a gift when we were in college


10.  Finally, here's where my design career began. Yes, my wonderful Anthony inspired me to design this shirt that I wore to their concert in 2007.  


Anthony, I can't wait to see you tonight.  Remember that one time you proclaimed you felt great kinetic energy coming from the left side of the stage?  Yes, that was me at Lollapalooza in 2006, and it was my love energy that you felt.  Yep. Me and you forever.  It's okay, my husband understands.


Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. They are my favorite band! I went to one of their concerts recently and it was awesome! I am totally jealous of that wallhanging...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma....you are crazy! Happy Birthday, my love! ??????? Oh, you make me laugh so hard. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were one of my first albums that I ever owned!

    ReplyDelete