Monday, October 22, 2012

One of those weeks

You guys, last week was one of those weeks.  You know, the kind where nothing is really wrong, nothing horrible happens, but it just feels like something is off.  You know?  Like you wonder if you have a weird aura surrounding you, or like you need to go to a yoga class or a chiropractor or something?  Just little weird things happening one after another, added to just a busy school week.  Here's a few things that I remembered to write down...

1.  I spent time packing a lunch for myself, then put it in the freezer for a shot of cold before I left.  Then I forgot to bring it, of course.

2.  When I went to the campus Subway, they weren't taking credit or debit cards, and I didn't have cash.

3.  I had to buy black foam board to mount my final brochure design, and it ain't cheap ($5 a pop), but I measured and cut it for just one page, instead of both pages together, so I had to buy another board, measure and cut it again.  I was left with a bunch of small pieces that may or may not be able to be used.  Lame.



4.  On Tuesday, it was 4:00 pm before I realized I had my underwear on inside out.  Weird.

5.  On Wednesday, this was how much of my 2D Design project I had completed.  We had to mix paint to color match the correlating square from the actual picture we chose, to create an enlarged, pixelated version of the picture.  There were 768 squares and at this point I was averaging 30 squares an hour.  Oh and it was due Friday.  Total nightmare.


6.  I walked to and from my car in the rain at least 4 times this week.

7.  On Wednesday morning, I decided to treat myself to Starbucks and get rid of this bad aura surrounding me.  It wasn't until I had pulled forward and looked in my mirror to see the person behind me rolling down her window that I realized I didn't order!  Then I was stuck in the line with no way out and had to embarrassingly drive right by the window and get back in line.

8.  I had to spend 13 hours painting on Wednesday and Thursday to finish my project on time.  It was down to the line, for sure.



I'm sure more weird things happened, but I forgot to write everything down.  It was just one of those weeks. 

BUT, everything turned out fine.  I finished my projects, had a great weekend with Andy, and said to myself after each little thing happened "If this is the worst thing to happen to me, then I am a very, very lucky lady." 


Anyone else have a weird week?  


 


Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. #4 made me giggle....I once spent the whole day with my shirt inside out and no one said a word. I guess that's just the style now. lol.
    And you have a great attitude, I love your closing line...that's how we should all look at life.
    Debbi
    -yankeeburrowcreations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your shirt was inside out! Oh my... funny...

      Delete
  2. I had a weird week, too! Just kind of generally stressful and, like you said, off. I was more forgetful than usual, which is annoying when I have a lot of stuff going on. Hopefully we're both out of our funk now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes a week is just off! You have a good attitude about it though and getting that project done was important. Hope this week is more normal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is too cute! You should have ended your day reading the book "Wacky Wednesday" by Theo LeSieg :)

    XO,
    Jessica from the Doily Duck
    thedoilyduck.blogspot.com...Please come visit and follow me :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally wore my underwear inside out all day during exam week once. And I didn't bother to fix it because I was too tired to care anyway. Weeks like that make me grateful for when I get a breather :)

    ReplyDelete