Tuesday, December 4, 2012

MIA update!

I have a little breather this weekend, and gosh darn it, I miss my blog!

So I wanted to take a quick minute and update you with some recent things that have been going on over here.  Or should I say 'ova hee-ya'?  Does that make me sound cooler?

Ha oh that reminds me of how I love that song "Cooler than me."  Anyone else?  You think you're cooler than me?  Yeah, you're probably definitely right.

Anyways... gosh I missed my blog.  It's my place to say whatever floats my boat!  Like 'floats my boat.'  Or 'for pete's sake.'  I love that one.  I remember hearing it a lot growing up.  "Oh, for pete's sake!"  What does it even mean?  (Ah, I googled it- and found it's a way to not be blasphemous- http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-pet2.htm)

_____________________________________________________________________________

Okay so that was written on Friday, when I was like "oh yeah!  time to do my blog!"  Except for it was a fake out, and now it's Tuesday night.  But here I am, and here's some recent drawings I've done!

We learned 1 point and 2 point perspective in drawing class for our last unit.  I was happy to do something different than still life, but it was a challenge for sure.  I remember in high school art class, the 1 point perspective drawing was my worst grade.  It was actually the exact same assignment as this...


... to draw the inside of any room we wanted... a dream room if you will.  I think I did much better this time around, thankfully!  It may look pretty boring, but it was hours of work, and a couple do-overs. 

And here's the big drawing we did in class.  Mine is a new building we have on campus.  We used black paper, black and white pastel/ charcoal, and one color of pastel.  I really love the look of the monotone, and I'm happy with how it turned out. 


Here's the calculations and planning it took to get this done... I could never be an architect!  It seemed like such a mess in the beginning, and for the life of me, I could not get those windows to be even without measuring them all and then scaling up.  I know there's an easier way... right?



 Also... here's a clue to what my life has been for the last few weeks in my 2D class...



Making a graphic novel.  In a group.  Soooooooooo not my favorite thing.  Yes, I checked this book out to make sure I was even doing it correctly...

So how have you guys been!??  Any other exciting projects going on?




Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're back! Keep writing. Your dream room reminds me of the porch at the Lake.

    ReplyDelete