Sunday, December 30, 2012

Sweet Christmas

Andy and I have been having fun, relaxing, and spending lots of quality time with our families this Christmas vacation.

I gave my father-in-law a gift for the family band that I had designed and it was a big hit!  Here's my victory cheer.

 
The dogs were not quite as impressed...
 

We got tons of snow on the 26th and we were all snowed in!



So I spent the afternoon and evening drawing this flower smorgasbord!  It started as a quick sketch to try out my new watercolor pencils, but then I liked it so much I spent a lot of time going back over the outlines, varying the stroke widths, adding a few contour lines and some shading.



How do you think it turned out?  I'm thinking about scanning it and coloring it digitally... I've been wanting to make note cards for my Etsy store- do you think this design would make a good note card or thank you card once I add color?

How was your Christmas?


Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. The flowers are pretty! I say go for it.

    Our Christmas was a three-day extravaganza. We hosted my parents and sister on the 23rd, saw one side of my husband's family on the 24th, and then the other side on the 25th. Whew! And then we relaxed for a few days, haha.

    ReplyDelete