I have a little breather this weekend, and gosh darn it, I miss my blog!
So I wanted to take a quick minute and update you with some recent things that have been going on over here. Or should I say 'ova hee-ya'? Does that make me sound cooler?
Ha oh that reminds me of how I love that song "Cooler than me." Anyone else? You think you're cooler than me? Yeah, you're probably definitely right.
Anyways... gosh I missed my blog. It's my place to say whatever floats my boat! Like 'floats my boat.' Or 'for pete's sake.' I love that one. I remember hearing it a lot growing up. "Oh, for pete's sake!" What does it even mean? (Ah, I googled it- and found it's a way to not be blasphemous- http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-pet2.htm)
_____________________________________________________________________________
Okay so that was written on Friday, when I was like "oh yeah! time to do my blog!" Except for it was a fake out, and now it's Tuesday night. But here I am, and here's some recent drawings I've done!
We learned 1 point and 2 point perspective in drawing class for our last unit. I was happy to do something different than still life, but it was a challenge for sure. I remember in high school art class, the 1 point perspective drawing was my worst grade. It was actually the exact same assignment as this...
... to draw the inside of any room we wanted... a dream room if you will. I think I did much better this time around, thankfully! It may look pretty boring, but it was hours of work, and a couple do-overs.
And here's the big drawing we did in class. Mine is a new building we have on campus. We used black paper, black and white pastel/ charcoal, and one color of pastel. I really love the look of the monotone, and I'm happy with how it turned out.
Here's the calculations and planning it took to get this done... I could never be an architect! It seemed like such a mess in the beginning, and for the life of me, I could not get those windows to be even without measuring them all and then scaling up. I know there's an easier way... right?
Also... here's a clue to what my life has been for the last few weeks in my 2D class...
Making a graphic novel. In a group. Soooooooooo not my favorite thing. Yes, I checked this book out to make sure I was even doing it correctly...
So how have you guys been!?? Any other exciting projects going on?
Pin It Now!






Glad you're back! Keep writing. Your dream room reminds me of the porch at the Lake.
ReplyDelete