1. I STILL LOVE SCHOOL!
2. It doesn't matter if I have the best project, the worst, or anywhere in between; my teacher and classmates will always have at least one positive thing to say and at least one suggestion for improvement on critique day. I was blown away by how positive and helpful everyone in class was when we critiqued our first assignment. I love this.
3. Yesterday we got a new assignment to create a newspaper ad, and I was so excited I had to seriously stop myself from giggling aloud and creating a highly embarrassing scene.
4. I love that my teachers work with everyone from their starting point, and suggest improvements based on what they've seen you do so far. They don't expect everyone to be the same or have the same style. It makes me feel really comfortable showing my ideas and projects.
5. Is this not a ridiculous amount of stuff to lug to class? (Yes, I pack a lunch to take... should I feel weird about that?)
6. Two of my projects are on display in the art hallway! Too exciting for words. I'm going to have to sneak in with my camera to take pictures while no one is watching. Again, telling myself do not make a scene, do NOT make a scene...
7. I keep trying to remember what college was like the first time. I know I liked it, because I'm just someone who likes school, but I don't think I ever loved it like I love these classes. I'm not sure if it's only because of the subject matter, or if it's because I get to be so creative now, or if it's because I'm older and appreciate it more now. But I do love it, and for that I am so thankful.
8. In the evenings, I get antsy because I'm ready to go to class the next day. Whoa. I can't say I ever felt like that when I was teaching.
9. One of my next assignments is to create a how-to brochure. I'm thinking of doing one for a fall DIY project- any suggestions??
Pin It Now!

I love school! Yea.. Miss that time.
ReplyDeleteCannot wait to see the brochure!
dita
via Etsy Blog Team
I'm back in design school, too, and blogged about it today! Great minds, eh?
ReplyDeleteI'm also much more excited about school this time around. I really enjoyed college the first time, but now I feel like I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing. What degree are you getting? I'm going for interior design and I have to drag a bunch of stuff like that (plus a T-square!) to all of my drawing classes. You can spot us a mile away on campus, haha.