A little weekend project, anyone?
We have had these counter stools ever since Andy had just moved to Iowa and was still a bachelor, about 6 years ago. They worked fine for him in his old apartment, but then when we got married and moved to a new place, they were a few inches too tall for our new counters, so they barely got used for about 3 years. Now in our new house, they're the right height again, but... eh...
So, as you can imagine, I've been complaining about them and begging for new stools. He finally broke down about a year ago and said okay, it's time. But then I became a wishy washy peep and have never been able to decide what to get. Do you know how expensive bar stools are? The kind with cushions and backs? Way too expensive, that is the answer. Long story short... er... long story long, sorry... we still have the dang stools!
Yesterday, I was checking them out for the umpteenth time and decided, we don't need no new dang stools, I'm gonna DIY the heck outta those puppies! And so here we are. I am way too excited about this! If I mess it up, no harm done. If I rock it out, we'll have new(ish) awesome stools on the cheap!
The supplies:
Stools. Foam. Batting. Fabric. Sand paper. Scissors. Spray paint. Spray glue. Staple gun.
I am so obsessed with this glorious fabric. Fancy me choosing a paisley print, go figure. Major bonus: 50% off fabric sale at JoAnn today!
I think the fabric looks great with our current kitchen/ dining room surroundings. Still a lot of neutral, but the counters and carpet are staying for now. We really want to paint that whole area, though, and we've been thinking a green color, so the new stools will look great with the new walls.
The plan?
2. Upholster the tops with my sweet new fabric.
3. Be super impressed with myself if it looks good.
Check back next week for a step by step how-to!
And happy weekend, of course! I will be spending mine with my siblings in-law. LOVE having visitors!
Pin It Now!








I love this! So cute! Erin
ReplyDelete