Saturday, July 21, 2012

Run, Don't Walk, to Michaels!

You guys!  I went to Michaels yesterday and found some awesome deals!  If you are looking to do some fun DIY projects in the near future, you should get on over there! 


I went in looking for one thing and one thing only: a canvas.  And this is what I came out with.  Whoopsies.  But honesly, when Michaels has a 25% off your entire purchase including sale items coupon, you just don't pass that up!  You just don't! 

So I came out with all of this!  But just you wait, (cue the My Fair Lady soundtrack "just you wait 'enry 'iggins, just you wait") I've got some cool plans for this stuff!  It will all be put to good use, I promise. 

I did have to laugh at a big bin of stuff they had outside the store labeled something like "small impulse items."  Ha.  At least they're honest.

Check out my deals! 












Yes, that is a set of FIVE 16x20 canvases, on sale for $14.99, with an extra 25% off, which came out to JUST TWELVE DOLLARS!  I AM JUMPING UP AND DOWN AS WE SPEAK! 

I almost couldn't even contain myself.  When I handed over my coupon and saw another $10 come off the price, I think I actually died and went to heaven right then and there in the check out line. 

They had two selected colors of spray paint (originally $6.89 I think) marked down to just $1.99!  Does Michaels do that every week?  I don't buy spray paint very often, so I don't know if that's normal or if I really got a steal.  The colors this week were the Greek Stone that I bought, and Celery (which was already gone).  All other colors were on sale for $4.99.


I grabbed the letters for a purpose (top secret gift for Andy).  Those little wooden rectangles just called out to me and I couldn't leave them behind.  And I was running low on Mod Podge, which is clearly unacceptable. 

I can't wait to get started on my next projects! 

If you're thinking of scoring some of these deals- go now!  The coupon ends today!

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. Going to Michael's for one item is like going to the supermarket for a loaf of bread. We always end up getting much more than we went in for. But, wow, what a bargain you got. How could you not pass that up?

    Your blog is lovely, so bright and cheerful. I'm now following it. I'm on blogspot too - began my blog back in 2009 (thought I'd end up blogging to nobody but myself for the longest time) it take perseverance, dedication, patience and time to build up a following. I think you're well on your way to having a successful one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also always end up getting more than I meant to from Michaels. I try to avoid it until I have a list of things I need so that I don't have to go often.

    I downloaded the iPhone app, so I don't have to print any of the coupons, just have to bring it on my phone and they scan it from the screen. It's dangerous though because it makes it easier for me to "just pop in" when I'm in the area haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen that they accept coupons from your phone! I'd say that helps their business!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, Emma! How fun that you've been creating all of these fun projects and had time to start a business! I really liked the bar stools and the paint samples art. You are talented. I hope you can use some of these skills in your future career. If not, you will have a cool home decorated any way and on a dime! Maybe you'll have your own tv show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christina! Ha, can you picture me on a tv show? Whoa. I hope your summer has been awesome! For me, it has flown by!

      Delete