School started today. And today I am not a teacher.
Today I did not wake up before 7:00 a.m.
I did not pick out my first day of school outfit.
I did not pack my lunch.
Today I am not filled with excitement and anticipation for a new year.
I am not meeting my new students.
I am not introducing myself.
Today I am not surrounded by kids.
I can not see their smiles and hear their laughs.
I am not helping to label folders and organize lockers.
Today I am not explaining schedules, routines, or rules.
I am not memorizing names and faces.
Today I don't know if I'm happy or sad.
I don't know if I will miss it.
Today I won't be able to explain how I feel.
I don't know if I have lost a little bit of myself, or if I am now free to be myself.
Today I am still me, but today I am different.
Because today I am not a teacher.
Pin It Now!
you are a poet!
ReplyDelete