Friday, August 17, 2012

a weird thing happened, and then i bought this

I had a weird dream last night.  Actually, it wasn't the dream that was too weird, it was what happened this morning.

Typically I have these really crazy dreams that go on and on and on... and then I usually tell my mom about them in full detail, and she's like whoa you have the weirdest dreams, how do you remember all that?  It's just a gift, I guess. 

So last night, I had a dream that something plastic (I don't know what it was) flew across the room and hit me accidentally in the mouth.  Then when I went to take out my invisalign trays (yes, I have super cool adult braces... read more about that here) they were all broken.  That was just a short piece of the entire dream, so I definitely won't bore you with anything else about it.

But here's the weird thing.

This morning in the shower, I was taking the cap off a bottle, and it flew off full force, out of my hands, into the shower wall, ricocheted off the wall, and hit me in the mouth!!!!!

Whoa. 

Then that part of the dream came flooding back to me... and I swear the feeling of it hitting me in my dream and the feeling of the cap hitting me this morning was the exact same.  Now, if I were always accidentally hitting myself in the mouth with a piece of light plastic, I wouldn't find this too weird.  But I can't say that's ever happened before....

Weird, right? 

At least it didn't break my invisalign...

Okay, you're probably yawning by now and thinking the only reason this is weird is that you think it's weird...  Yeah, I know. 

Well, once I got over the fact that my dream came true, I bought this!


Yes, I went out and bought this beauty that I originally saw a few days ago at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore.  I couldn't stop thinking about it!

I'm not sure exactly what I'll do with it yet, but with a small price tag ($22) and it's huge size ( 25" x 46"), I didn't want to pass it up.

So that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Happy Friday!


Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. I had braces for like a week when I was a teenager. My mouth is so small that I was in pain the whole time and had them taken off. I really hate that I did that now and wished that my parents would have made me keep them on then but they didn't. I've always thought about getting invisilign myself but haven't really talked to a dentist about it. I didn't know they needed brackets for them.

    xoxo,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the brackets are little tooth colored attachments, I think made with the same thing they fill cavities with. At first, I thought they were so noticable and I felt self conscious smiling, but now I don't even think about it. Sometimes I don't even see them when I'm looking in the mirror. Oh and not everyone needs the attachments, or as many as I have, so you should ask your dentist about it!

      Delete
  2. dreams can be weird....luckily I don't usually remember mine. and I love the color of that frame. the habitat store is a great place to shop.
    Debbi
    -yankeeburrowcreations

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the frame and can't wait to see what you do with it!! -Tara

    ReplyDelete