This wall art is another great one for those extra paint samples you have lying around!
Here's all you need. I used my cricut machine to cut the circles just because it was easier for me. But you could also easily trace a circles and cut them out, or use another circle cutter that you may have for scrapbooking.
First I spray painted my canvas (no pictures for this step, but I did several light coats like always). If you want clean white edges, tape them off during this step!
While the paint is drying, you can cut out your circles. I cut as many as I could with the samples we had left over from painting some rooms in our house when we first moved.
Next, you need to decide on your arrangement. I spent a while playing until I had one I loved. Okay, let's be honest... I had my circles cut for about 2 weeks before I finally decided how I wanted the layout. But that's just me... I'm particular sometimes. This was one of those times.
Once I had my arrangement, I headed out to the garage to spray glue it all together.
Then I came back inside to trim the parts that went off the edge, and put a layer of mod podge on top just to give it a nice shine all over. You can skip that step. Actually, I forgot to include it in the supplies... whoopsies.
And there you have it!
Here are all my recent canvas wall art projects. We're planning to hang them together as part of our basement project that's in the works.
In case you missed these projects...
DIY chevron wall art
DIY quote canvas
Fun projects for the holiday weekend, right? Hope you have a good one!
Linking up to:
Simply Designing
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
Chase the Star
AKA Design
Homemaker on a Dime
Pin It Now!








I love these....I wonder how many samples I can sneak out of the paint store before they start to question me??? hahaha
ReplyDeleteDebbi
-yankeeburrowcreations
Haha- since I typically need about 50 samples for every painting project before I decide on a color, we always have a bunch extra... I've been using them up now though!
DeleteWow, this looks awesome! I really like your colour combination. I can totally see how choosing an arrangement would be the hardest part.... an endless amount of possibilities! Have a great weekend. ~Stephanie
ReplyDeleteI love both of your paint sample canvases! I have seen the idea before but have never liked the outcome (til now)!
ReplyDeleteCool idea! TFS
ReplyDeleteYou are so creative!! I pinned this! Thanks for joining the party at Keep Calm and Link Up!! See you again next week:)
ReplyDeleteBarbara @ Chase the Star
www.chasethestar.net
Thanks for pinning! :)
Delete