Monday, July 9, 2012

Pom Poms

Hi my friends!  I want to share my newest fabric with you!  This week's Spoonflower contest theme is pomegranates.  I started with a few options for my design.  Here are the parts I started with:  a tree, a pomegranate cut in half, and some seeds.



I was a little creeped out by the seeds and cut pomegranate (I really don't like certain textures/ multiple small identical things), so I went with just the trees for my final design, Pomegranate Orchard. 




I really like how it turned out!  I had a test swatch printed, and the yellow background printed a little more greenish than it looked on screen, and I like it even better that way. 

Do you remember how Crayola had multiple crayons for the same color combinations?  Like they would have "green blue" and "blue green" and "green yellow" and "yellow green?" I think I was fascinated with that as a kid.  Is the "green yellow" a yellow tinted green or a green tinted yellow?  How is "red violet" different from "violet red?"  I want the first word to be the adjective, and for it to be called "greenish yellow," but I don't think that's always the case...  Hmmm...

*Spends no less than 10 minutes googling Crayola colors*

Wow, okay, get it together Emma.

Want to vote for all your favorite pomegranate fabric?  Just click here!  It may or may not be mine, and I'm okay with that!



Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment