Monday, August 13, 2012

today I am not a teacher

School started today.  And today I am not a teacher.

Today I did not wake up before 7:00 a.m.

I did not pick out my first day of school outfit.

I did not pack my lunch.

Today I am not filled with excitement and anticipation for a new year.

I am not meeting my new students.

I am not introducing myself.

Today I am not surrounded by kids.

I can not see their smiles and hear their laughs.

I am not helping to label folders and organize lockers.

Today I am not explaining schedules, routines, or rules.

I am not memorizing names and faces.

Today I don't know if I'm happy or sad.

I don't know if I will miss it.  

Today I won't be able to explain how I feel.

I don't know if I have lost a little bit of myself, or if I am now free to be myself.

Today I am still me, but today I am different.

Because today I am not a teacher.




Pin It Now!

1 comment: